Monday 27 May 2013

Bloomin' Gorgeous--A Garden Tour

This last weekend, we have had some beautiful weather.  It gave me a good chance to get out and take some pictures of some of the latest blooms in our garden.  I feel incredibly blessed to have a home in such a beautiful setting and a husband who looks after our garden so well.

So, without further ado...Welcome to our garden!  Would you like to have a look around? In the front of the house, there is a small, semi-circular walled garden with some gorgeous flowers...

I love the purple and white theme that occurs around May each year, with a few splashes of pink here and there.... In the front garden, there are bluebells, and lots of other pretty flowers that I don't know the names for.  (Maybe my Mother-in-Law, our go-to gardening expert will fill me in, and I can pass the info along to all of you! ;-)



Our greenhouse, where we grow tomatoes, cucumbers, chillies, and melons, is around the back of the house...
 I love the yellow poppies in this little section of the garden...
In the back yard, we have a fairly large rockery, with lots of pretty flowers...
This one is a particular favourite of Jim's (and mine)...
Past the rockery, you go down a few steps to get to a small seating area, where we spend a lot of summer evenings cooking out and/or drinking wine....
So, it's not a comprehensive garden tour, since I only really planned to go out to snap a few pretty pictures in the sunshine....I could have gone out and taken some more today, but the sunshine was fleeting, and today, we are back to normal with a wet, grey day.....

Have you been making the most of the holiday weekend? I hope you have all enjoyed some nice weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...